Southern Dachshund Ass 2018
Puppy Dog : ADAMS Tecklegarth Gatling
Puppy Bitch : Knottsrose Mystique
Veteran Dog or Bitch (1 Entry) Abs: 1
Puppy Dog (2 Entries) Abs: 0
Junior Dog (2 Enties) Abs: 1
Minor Puppy Bitch (3 Entries) Abs: 0
Puppy Bitch (3 Entries) Abs: 0
Many thanks to the Southern for the opportunity to judge this lovely variety. A very friendly show and a great atmosphere.
I was really delighted with all my main winners, some classes were very hotly disputed especially in the bitches, many decisions really came down to nit picking, thank you all for your entries. With this quality in evidence, the few lacking muscle tone and presentation were happily in a small minority.
Veteran. (1, abs)
MPD. (3) 1. BP and RCC. Adams Teckelgarth Gatling, promising pup, mature for his age at just rising 9 months. He has all the essentials to go to the top, masculine head without coarseness, dark well shaped eye, good reach of neck and good keel, excellent depth and length of ribbing .He kept his top line at all times, beautifully balanced, excellent angulation both ends and strong well padded feet. Well presented, I shall watch his progress with interest.
2. Effer’s Greyhayne Hector, another promising pup of 7 months, nicely balanced, good top and underlines, giving a little away in maturity and not quite the ribbing of 1, but he moved soundly, really enjoying his day out.
3.Frampton’s Weinacht Larch.
PD. ( 2) 1. T Gatling.
2. Binks Tannahill Oslo. Handsome 10 month pup, masculine head with good planes and well shaped eyes. Overall nicely boned, with good feet and lovely harsh coat. Not quite as balanced in forehand as 1, moved soundly holding his top line.
JD. (5) 1. Chambers Cishelvine Just a Kiss. Attractive masculine red in excellent harsh coat, lovely head with well shaped eye and super pigment, good reach of neck , good in forehand,keel and ribbing. Free, sound easy mover, held his top line at all times.
2. Clifford’s Sussexdaxi Gooseberry Fool for Ablebody, nicely balanced young male, masculine but without coarseness, shapely outline , good bone and feet, nice width of pelvis. Coat just a tad soft at the moment, sound and free on the move holding his top line.
3. McPherson and Patterson’s Brumblehill Mr Wilks.
PGD. (5, 2abs) Not a strong class. 1.Wills Cicerone Magnus, won here on his balance and outline. Decent head and expression, good neck and forehand, nice width through the pelvis, moved soundly.
2. Vigs Q-Rrens Dax Enzo Topazo, nice head and expression, decent neck and ribbing, carries a good top line. A little narrow all through, and a touch short in upper arm, moved reasonably well.
3. Foglia’s Kentixen Abies Grandis.
LD. (5) 1. Gibson’s Allfreys London Look. Quality red with a beautiful head and excellent pigment. Not the largest, but has lovely balance. Excellent forehand, ribbing and top line, he really uses himself on the move which gave him the class.
2 . Wharton’s Greyhayne Hooray Henry. Masculine hound out of a heavier mould. Decent head, good neck ,good depth and length of ribbing, kept his top line on the move. Sound mover, but not quite the ease and freedom of 1.
3. Wyldetarn Shoot From the Hip. JW.
OD. (6, 1) Strong class. 1, CC, McCalmont’s Silvae Trader. Lovely masculine dog who filled my eye, especially on the move. He has ring presence, beautiful balance , good harsh coat and excellent presentation all in his favour. Lovely head and expression, excellent neck and forehand, lovely keel and ribbing, and well off for bone which all added up to a complete picture. In hard muscular condition he moved with power and freedom, effortlessly covering the ground. I was very happy to award him his first CC. On this form I’m sure the other 2 won’t be long coming.
2. Vine’s Derochaise Justified for Cishelvine. Another quality dog with good balance and outline, attractive head , good neck and forehand, lovely top line and ribbing, moved soundly, a tad softer in coat.
3. Moore and Downes Megline Aramis (IMP)
MPB. (2) 1.Pughe & Frasers Greyhayne Harriet at Bystock. Quality feminine 7 months baby, decent headpiece and expression, good in forehand and ribbing, balanced angulation both ends, good top line, free easy mover. Giving away a lot in maturity against the PB winner, a good prospect.
2. Fitzgeralds Fowlerheight Moonshine at Harlilsun, lovely 9 months pup, appealing head and expression, happy soul of good type, close up to 1, just needs to firm a tad in top line which maturity could resolve.
PB.(3).1.BPB, Sanders Knottsrose Mystique, lovely feminine bitch of almost a year. Feminine head of good proportions, clean neck and good in forehand and ribbing. balanced angulation both ends, excellent coat, free sound mover. A quality exhibit of lovely breed type, I shall watch her progress with interest.
2. Chambers Barembak Midsummer Moon. Sweet bitch one day short of her birthday, appealed for breed type, good head and general balance, sound on the move, just a shade softer in top line than 1.
3. Phillips Clipperdown Gilded Lily.
JB. (4) 1. K. Mystique.
2. Seath’s Sunsong Keep a Promise, another quality bitch, close up to 1, and very similar ,hardly surprising as they share a sire. Lovely type with excellent balance and outline, good ribbing and top line, just a shade narrower in front , but really nit picking here. Free, sound easy mover, they will probably change places many times.
3.Vines Cishelvine Kiss me Quick.
PGB. (5) 1, BCC and BoB, McCalmonts Silvae Trademark. What a stunner ! In my eyes, this bitch has it all, personality plus with that “look at me” attitude, of lovely overall proportions,she just oozes breed type. Super head and expression, good neck, lovely through the forehand and ribbing, she just flows under the hands. Excellent broad muscled quarters and lovely well padded feet, she moved soundly with power and freedom. Put down in immaculate condition and topped by a super harsh coat , I’m amazed this is her first CC, and I was more than happy to award it. I think she will make her mark in a big way. Lucky (and clever) breeders to have such cracking litter mates.
2. Pughe and Frasers Ambiesque Ascertain at Bystock. Another typy bitch of good proportions and lovely overall balance , attractive head, good neck and forehand, good length and depth of ribbing, a sound free mover who was unlucky to meet 1 in this form.
3. Gibson’s Allfreys Helena.
LB. ( 6,1). 1. McCalmonts Silvae Trade Secret. Yet another typical quality exhibit from this kennel and from the same litter as the CC winners, and many of the same comments apply. She won here on her lovely type and movement, plus her excellent outline and overall balance.
2. Vines Cishelvine Just an Enigma. I’m sure she must be an enigma to her owner, she did her very best to throw it all away and hide her virtues. Quality bitch of excellent shape and balance, good head and expression, lovely neck ,forehand and keel, good ribbing and held her top line, a free easy mover with excellent feet- but you had to be quick to see it!
3. Davies Pendyffren Miss Dolce by Atahira.
OB. Lovely class. 1, RCC. Warren’s Ch Wagsford Jennifer. Quality bitch out of the top drawer, super type and shape, excellent head and forehand, clean neck and well laid shoulders. Well off for bone and substance but essentially feminine. Loved her well padded feet. Moved easily and soundly, her coat sadly not quite at it’s best today.
2. Seath’s Nor Ch Gando av Larhjelm (IMP NOR) another lovely bitch with a sweet feminine head and expression, well angulated and balanced all through, excellent depth and length of ribbing, good top line held on the move, just not quite the reachy neck of 1. Moved out soundly and freely.
3.McCalmont’s Ch Silvae Solo.