Scottish Dachshund Club Championship Show 2019
Judge: Jan Pain (Ravensbeech)
BEST OF BREED :
DARE Ch Swansford Lionellador Darsom
Dog CC : DARE Ch Swansford Lionellador Darsom
Res Dog CC : BENNETT Shardaroba's Country File
Best Puppy Dog : DARE Larkhund Black Panther Darsoms
Bitch CC :
MCNAUGHTON Cedavoch Sweetest Taboo
Res Bitch CC : METCALFE-BILGIN Metadale Midsummer Dream
Best Puppy Bitch : ANDISON & PEEL Clentry to Hell N Black
Best Puppy : DARE Larkhund Black Panther Darsoms
Best Veteran :
COOK & RHODES Abydachs Rides the Storm to Bourndner
Veteran Dog/Bitch (3 Entries)
1st: COOK &
RHODES Abydachs Rides the Storm to Bourndner
2nd:PASKINS Ch Abydachs Summer Dream at Kindeace ShCM
3rd: HUTTONS Ch River Rumpus Through Dachalune ShCM
Puppy Dog (3 Entries) Abs 0
1st: DARE Larkhund Black Panther Darsoms
2nd: NAIK Humberdax Turbulant Sky
3rd: LUMLEY Dagastren Dr Robert
Junior Dog (3 Entries) Abs 1
1st: MITCHELL Bronia D'Artagnan
2nd: NAIK Humberdax Turbulant Sky
Post Graduate Dog (2 Entries) Abs 0
1st: HUTTON Abbilis Theoden by Dachalune
2nd: PASKINS Cedavoch It's Taboo at Kindeace
Limit Dog (6 Entries) Abs 2
1st: DARE Darsoms Zocratees
2nd:METCALFE-BILGIN Metadale Monteray Jack
3rd: LINDSAYS Bronia Plutus ShCM
Res: BREARLEY Labbadax Eyecatchin Shadow at Xanadax
Open Dog (3 Entries) Abs 0
1st: DARE Ch Swansford Lionellador Darsom
2nd: BENNETT Shardaroba's Country File
3rd: LEWIS Trixhund Euphoria JW ShCM
Puppy Bitch (4 Entries)
1st: ANDISON & PEEL Clentry to Hell N Black
2nd: MILLER & RYAN Bronia Final Fantasy At Cavallibrook (ai)
3rd: MITCHELL Bronia Freak Like Me
Res: LUMLEY Dagastren Martha My Dear
Junior Bitch (2 Entries) Abs : 0
1st: LEWIS Trixhund Hi De Hi
2nd: PASKINS Kindeace Scarlett O'Hara
Post Graduate Bitch (2 Entries) Abs 0
1st: METCALFE-BILGIN Metadale Moana
2nd: LUMLEY Tarramist Tsarine
Limit Bitch (5 Entries) Abs 1
1st: MCNAUGHTON Cedavoch Sweetest Taboo
2nd: HUTTON Dachalune Araxia
3rd: PASKINS Territoriya Lubi Vesna at Kindeace
Res: BOYLE & WREN Zarcrest Ava Gardner
Open Bitch (4
Entries) Abs 1
1st: METCALFE-BILGIN Metadale Midsummer Dream
2nd: COOK & RHODES Ch Bournder Ruby Empress
3rd: LEWIS Trixhund Maramalade
It was a great pleasure and an honour to be asked to judge at this friendly well run show, thank you to all the exhibitors for entering their beautiful hounds. My thanks to my hard working steward and the committee for making it a memorable experience.
Veteran D/B. (3)
1. Cook & Rhodes Abydachs Rides the Storm to Bournder, Very smart 9 year old sh/red male, Lovely head and expression, good through the neck and forehand with good width and depth and length of ribbing. Lovely top line, moved out with drive belying his years, in excellent coat and condition.
2. Paskins Ch Abydachs Summer Dream at Kindeace, rising 9 shapely red bitch, half sister to the winner, and she carries many of the same qualities. Sweetest feminine head with lovely dark eye, just a tad shorter in neck than 1, good for shape and balance, unlucky to meet 1 today.
3. Hutton’s Ch River Rumpus Through Dachulune ShCM completed a lovely trio of oldies.
PD. ( 3)
1, BP. Dare’s Larkhund Black Panther Darsoms NAF TAF. Quality 9 month b/t of lovely shape and outline. Masculine head without coarseness, well shaped dark eyes, excellent neck and forehand. Loved his length of ribbing and strong loin, balanced angulation both ends, good bone and lovely well padded feet. Moved out really well using his hocks to advantage and rock solid top line. In excellent coat and condition and beautifully presented, I will watch his future with interest.
2.Naik’s Humberdax Turbulent Sky, appealing 11 months choc dapple, really not happy today and determined to hide his virtues. Decent make and shape, moved out ok keeping his top line, perhaps needs to grow on a little.
3.Lumley’s Dagastren Dr Robert.
JD.(3, 1 abs)
1. Mitchell’s Bronia D’Artagnan, 14 month sh/red, typy masculine youngster of correct size, with a lovely typical head and good shape overall. Good keel and depth and length of ribbing, nicely balanced angulation, good feet, held his top line on the move, carrying a bit of weight over the shoulders today.
2. .H Turbulent Sky.
1. Hutton’s Abbilis Theoden by Dachalune, 2 year old b/t , elegant head, good reach of neck, well ribbed back, lovely feet, nice overall balance. Moved well and soundly holding a solid top line.
2. Paskins Cedavoch It’s Taboo at Kindeace, masculine red, just out of junior. Close up to winner and many of the same remarks apply, little to choose between them, just felt 1 had the edge in head properties and length of neck. Sound free mover, lovely top line.
LD.( 5, 1abs)
1.Dares Darsoms Zocrates, beautifully presented yearling sh/red in excellent coat. Masculine head of good proportions and dark well shaped eyes giving a typical expression. Good length of neck and excellent forehand construction, balanced both ends, lovely feet, free and sound on the move, excellent top line.
2. Metcalfe-Bilgin’s Metadale Monteray Jack, another quality yearling, sh/red of lovely proportions, close up to 1 and very little to choose between them, they will probably change places many times. Attractive head and typical shape and balance all through,shoulders not quite as clean as I today. A lovely free sound mover, kept a rock solid top line at all times. Two exhibits out of the top drawer with time on their side.
3. Lindsay’s Bronia Plutus ShCM
1. CC & BoB, Dare’s Ch Swansford Lionellador Darsoms, most beautiful sh/red hound in his prime. Excels in type and shape, in excellent coat and put down to the minute. Most lovely outline, a pleasure to go over as each part flows into the next. A masculine hound but without a trace of coarseness, lovely headpiece, good reach of neck into excellent clean shoulders. Prominent keel, good ground clearance and plenty of heart room. He has good depth and length of rib, strong loin and balanced angulation which showed in his free sound movement .Loved him.
2. 1.RCC. Bennett’s Shardaroba’s Country File, 4 year old lovely red of excellent breed type, he is up to size but I felt his qualities outweighed this. Loved his head and expression, beautifully balanced all through, he presented a balanced all round picture, free and sound on the move.
3. Lewis Trixhund Euphoria completed a trio of quality hounds.
1. BPB. Andison & Peels Clentry to Hell N’Black, 11 month b/tan in excellent coat with a touch of elegance. Sweet feminine head with dark well shaped eyes. Good length of neck into well placed shoulders, lovely length and depth of ribbing, excellent top line, nicely balanced angulation both ends, no surprise she moved soundly and freely using her hocks to advantage.
2. Miller & Ryan’s Bronia Final Fantasy at Cavallibrook (AI) Another lovely youngster coming up to her first birthday. A well presented red in gleaming coat, she ran the winner very close. Lovely balance all through, good headpiece and sweet feminine expression, a little shorter coupled than 1, just dropped slightly over the croup today. Could change places another day with ease.
3. Mitchell’s Bronia Freak Like Me. Completed a trio of lovely puppies.
1. Lewis’ Trixhund Hi De Hi, quality 13 month sh/red in good coat and condition, lovely feminine head and sweet expression, good in neck and forehand assembly, prominent keel, well ribbed back, strong loin. Loved her overall balance and type, free easy mover, holds her top line well, in the last 3 for the RCC, just needs more maturity, which is how it should be at this age.
2. Paskins Kindeace Scarlett O’Hara, 16 months sh/red with lots to like. A touch more masculine in head than 1, and a little more upright in shoulder. She has a good return of upper arm, lovely free sound mover, kept her top line well on the move.
1. Metcalfe -Bulgin’s Metadale Moana, quality yearling red who sadly had left her best bib and tucker at home. Having said that, she has the most lovely shape and balance with the sweetest head and expression and especially lovely dark well shaped eyes. Very feminine all through, loved her outline, and she moved out well with precision and drive.
2. Lumley’s Tarramist Tsarine, 6 year old red from a heavier mould, a little upright in shoulder which shortens her neck. Reasonable forehand and ribbing, she moved ok on good feet and held her top line.
LB. (5,1 abs)
1, CC. Mcnaughton’s Cedavoch Sweetest Taboo. Top quality 18 month dark sh/ r in excellent coat and condition, loved her overall balance and angulation. Beautiful feminine head with a lovely expression from dark well shaped eyes. Excellent neck and correct forehand assembly, well ribbed back ,strong loin into beefy hind quarters with short strong hocks. Foot perfect, she moved with purpose and drive from excellent feet. I’m told this is her 2nd CC, I doubt the 3rd will be long on this form.
2. Hutton’s Dachaline Araxia, 3 year old mature b/t, of nice type and shape, but carrying a little too much weight at present. Sweet head, a touch round in eye, decent forehand and top line, moved ok.
3. Paskins Territoriya Lubi Vesna at Kindeace
OB. (4, 1 abs)
1. RCC, Metcalfe -Bulgin’s Metadale Midsummer Dream, beautiful mature red bitch carrying her nearly 7 years well, would never have dreamed she was that age ! Lovely feminine head, good length of neck and clean through the forehand and shoulders. Good length and depth of ribbing, held her top line at all times, free easy mover, in lovely coat and condition.
2. Cook & Rhodes Ch Bournder Ruby Empress, another lovely girl approaching veteran status. Slightly heavier all through, and a tad longer cast, she has lots to like in shape and balance. Free and easy on the move, but just a touch wide in front today.
3. Lewis’ Trixhund Marmalade
Puppy. ( 14, 7 abs)
1. Bell’s Tolberg La Di Da, ( Min Long) Lovely smart b/t baby in excellent coat and condition. Sweetest head and expression,ultra feminine. Loved her neck, forehand and ribbing, excellent top line held on the move, moved freely and soundly on excellent feet.
2. Playfair’s Kaimknowe Ansas, ( Smooth) Masculine choc dog with lots to like, thought he was my winner here, but just needs to tighten in forehand. Excellent type, lovely profile movement with drive and reach, excellent top and underline, good ribbing, lovely balance.
3. Paskins Bronia Final Kiss at Kindeace, ( Long)
Sp Beginners. (9, 4abs)
1. Whyte’s Bothlyn A Whisper at Dachienne ( Min Wire) Pretty feminine choc puppy, just 6 months. Sweet head and expression, nice harsh coat coming, good overall balance and outline, moved soundly keeping her top line.
2. Hutchinson’s Russteck a Piece of Cake ( Min Smooth) sweet b/t , just out of puppy. Happy soul with lovely overall proportions and good for balance and type. Pretty feminine head , moved out happily and well.
3. Naik’s Humberdax Turbulent Sky.
Veronica Collins Memorial ( 8,5abs)
1. Kirkwood’s Helydon Magic Mika ( Min Wire) Lovely quality bitch of excellent type and make, loved her cheeky face, overall balance and shape, beautifully and sympathetically handled by her young owner. She moved out well and freely, all topped with a super harsh coat to complete the picture.
2. Paskins Cedavoch It’s Taboo at Candice
3. Rodger’s Glenariff Qui Vive at Thundergay
Members ( 6, 1abs)
1. Armstrong’s Lauralee Girl Crush. ( Smooth) Top quality red of excellent type, loved her balance and proportions. Excellent bone and balanced angulation, well off for ribbing and keel, beautiful outline, best of feet, moved easily and soundly using her hocks to advantage and a rock solid top line.
2. Cook & Rhodes, Abydachs Rides the Storm to Bournder. (Long)
3. Paskins Ch Abydachs summer Dream at Kindeace. ( Long)
Jan Pain. ( Judge)