Midland Dachshund 2019
Dachshund (Long-haired) - No CCs
Judge: Mr Gary McAlpine
Best Puppy Dog : ROBERTS Swansford Gabrieldor
Best Puppy Bitch : BOYLE Zarcrest Angelina Jolie
Metadale Monterey Jack
Champion Dog (1
Entries) Abs: 0
Veteran Bitch (1
Entries) Abs: 0
Minor Puppy Bitch
(2 Entries) Abs: 0
Champion Bitch (2
Entries) Abs: 0
Thank you to the committee of the Midland Dachshund Club for the invite to judge Standard Long Haired Dachshunds at their club show 2019. Thank you to my steward Ian Seath who ensured everything ran smoothly. To the exhibitors for the entries and for the sportsmanship In accepting my placings. Some decisions were hard and on a different day exhibits could have swapped places.
On the whole all exhibits were presented to an extremely high standard. One of two could have benefited from having teeth cleaned and some attention to coats especially round the those areas that can become matted easily. However on the whole presentation was good and I was pleased with my main winners.
While judging I was looking for a balanced hound with a good outline that could move. All exhibits were confident and happy. One of two perhaps carried a little to much weight and I felt this this affected there outline and movement on the day.
Veternan Dog – 0
Minor Puppy – 2
1. Roberts Swansford Gabrieldor S/R masculine puppy with lovely head and eye. Good neck into well placed shoulders with an excellent upper arm. Ribbed right back excellent feet and bone. This youngster was sound moving although just requires a bit more confidence. I am sure this puppy will have a very bright future. One I look forward to watching.
2. Boyle’s Zarcrest Huw Grant S/R another promising puppy well presented and in excellent condition. Good head and eye and flowing neck into good shoulders. Excellent bone and nice feet. Well angulated both front and rear. Was just not fully cooperating with handler today and was a little hard to access on the move however when he fell into his stride was sound out and back. I am sure these 2 could change places on another day.
Puppy Dog – 0
Junior Dog – 0
Post Graduate Dog – 6
1. Nicholson’s Labbadax Michigan By Betsymira Red lovely size and balance. Concial head and nice eye with a strong underjaw. Sufficient neck and well placed shoulders with a good upper arm. Well ribbed back with a short loin. Well angulated both front and rear and moved soundly out and back. Nice feet and bone and adequate coat.
2. Garlick’s Ranglewood Harvest Hops B/T another nice type presented in good condition with an excellent jacket. Nice head and eye lots of neck and nice lay back of shoulder. Carried a level topline on the move and moved soundly out and back. Good feet and adequate bone just lost out to 1 as I had slightly better ribbing.
Limit Dog – 2
1. Metcalfe-Bilgin’s Metadale Monteray Jack Red a soundly constructed red male with excellent front construction. Nice size and type pleasing head and eye adequate neck with well laid back shoulders and a good upper arm. Excellent topline both stacked and moving with a well angulated front and rear. RBD.
2. Chapman’s Melminds Zsylvester ShCM S/R again another pleasing exhibit a larger type than 1 presented well and in excellent condition however would prefer a little less weight. Pleasing head and neck and good front assembly, good shoulders adequate ribbing and moved soundly out and back carrying a level topline.
Open Dog – 2 – 1 Abs
1. Garlick’s Ranglewood Arashi S/R 5 yr old excellent type and presented in excellent condition. Pleasing concial head and eye good bone and feet with adequate front. Good neck and shoulders could have slightly better ribbing. Well angulated front and rear and moved with purpose and drive.
Champion Dog – 1
1. McNaughton’s Ch Telkel Rumor Has It (Imp Can) S/r excellent male not overdone in anyway. Lovely hound head with a super eye and excellent front assembly. Excellent shoulders with a good length of upper arm, ribbed right back and well angulated. Moved with a firm topline and flowed round the ring. Presented in excellent condition. BD & BOB.
Veteran Bitch – 1
1. Hughes’s Dachslur Velvet Ribbon B/T what a gleaming coat on this bitch presented in excellent condition. Lovely feminine head and eye with flowing neck into a well angulated shoulders. Held topline on the move and seemed to be really enjoying her day out. BV.
Minor Puppy – 2
1. Boyle’s Zarcrest Angelina Jolie Red almost 8 mth old puppy very feminine head with almond eye lovely long neck into excellent shoulders. Excellent front assembly for age and was well angulated both front and rear. Well ribbed back and moved soundly out and back. Handler got the most out of this bitch. Another top class puppy that should have a bright future. BPB & PBIB.
2. Nicholson’s Zarcrest Jennifer Lawrence At Betsymira Red litter sister to 1. Very similar to 1 lovely front assembly good bone and feet. Just not as much neck as 1. Well ribbed back and short loin presented In excellent condition. Moved soundly once settled another puppy that should have a bright future.
Puppy Bitch – 2
1. Wedge’s Danton Fire Dancer at Dolans Red clear red pleasing head and eye good bone and feet with good front assembly. Cooperated well with handler on the move. Would just like a little more neck to complete the picture.
2. Vincent’s Tansocks At Gainsgroft B/T very different type to the rest today. I knew immediately when this bitch entered the ring was FCI type. Alot smaller in type and personally I would like to see alot more of her. However had a very feminine head with a lovely almond eye and a beautiful straight coat presented well.
Junior Bitch – 5 -1 Abs
1. McGavigan & Pettigrew’s Clentry Camellia For Pettigans Red nice quality bitch lovely feminine head and almond eye and good expression. Adequate neck into excellent shoulders, ribbed right back with a short loin into strong hindquarters. Excellent front with a good underline. Moved soundly out and back with level topline at all times.
2. Callow’s Garthorne Charlotte Red another nice honest type much of the same comments applied as per no 1 however I just preferred the length of neck on no 1 and the underline. However I am sure these can change places on a different day.
Post Graduate Bitch – 5 – 1 Abs
1. Garlick’s Ranglewood Trick Or Treat B/T presented in excellent condition with an glamourous jacket. Most feminine of heads and almond eye. Good length of neck into good shoulders and return of upper arm, good length of ribbing and short loin. Good front assembly well angulated front and back. Moved soundly out and back. One that caught my eye when she entered the ring.
2. Metcalfe- Bilgin’s Metadale Moana Red another nice type from this kennel well constructed throughout with excellent front assembly and well angulated, Moved soundly both out and back however just didn’t have the same ring presence as no 1 today.
Limit Bitch – 4
1. Burke’s Bonavoir Ermintrude Red well constructed bitch who was very sound and honest throughtout. I liked the overall balance of this bitch who has a pleasing head and eye, lovely neck into the excellent shoulders. This bitch excelled in front assembly, well ribbed back and nice short loin. Good bone with nice feet carried excellent topline and moved soundly won the class on overall front and balance.
2. Geeson’s Abydachs Kumala Red again another top drawer bitch and a lot of the same comments as above apply to this bitch. Presented and handled in excellent condition with a gleaming jacket. Moved soundly just thought 1 gave a better performance today.
Open Bitch – 2
1. Garlick’s Ranglewood Laurel S/R elegant bitch shown in excellent condition and well presented. Most feminine head good neck into well angulated shoulders and a good upper arm. Good front assembly and nice underline and ribbing. Excelled on the move and won this class with her excellent flowing lines. RBB.
2. Eve’s Sundayshill Hermione Red presented another nice picture when stacked. Nice head and good front adequate neck with good shoulders and a level topline. Good bone and feet. Moved ok however did not have the outline or the movement of no 1.
Champion Bitch – 2
1. Geeson’s Ch Abydachs Miraval Red litter sister to 2nd in limit. Stunning elegant well constructed bitch. Feminine head and eye with a good expression. Excellent reach of neck into well constructed shoulders with a good upper arm. Well angulated both front and back and moved out soundly with good reach and drive. Fought hard for BOB and my BOB and this bitch could change places any day. BB.
2. McNaughton’s Ch Cedavoch Circe Red another super bitch excellent outline presented in tiptop condition with an excellent jacket. So correct and well constructed throughout maintaining excellent topline on the move. I am sure these 2 could change places on another day one of the hardest decisions of the day.