Smooth Haired Dachshund Club Championship Show 2019
Dachshund (Miniature Smooth-haired)
Dog CC : PAGET & CARROLL Marvale Master of Disguise
Res Dog CC : MITCHELL Bronia Biaggio
Puppy Dog : MASON Teckletown Something Special
Best Puppy Bitch : COXON D'Arisca So Scrumptious
Best Puppy : COXON D'Arisca So Scrumptious
Veteran : CALLOW Ch Garthorne Miss Toffee
Minor Puppy Dog (3 Entries)
Abs : 1
3rd: MCLELLAN Cheguevar Paddington Bear
Yearling Dog (4 Entries) Abs: 0
HYSLOP Zilveraat Goldfink
Post Graduate Dog (5 Entries) Abs:
Champion Dog (2 Entries) Abs: 0
Puppy Bitch (4 Entries) Abs: 1
Yearling Bitch (10 Entries) Abs:
Post Graduate Bitch (6 Entries) Abs: 2
Open Bitch (9 Entries) Abs: 1
Champion Bitch (3 Entries) Abs: 0
Firstly my thanks to the officials and committee for their invitation to judge at their most enjoyable and well run show. My thanks also to my very efficient stewards Mrs Barber and Mr Higgins.
Mostly the exhibits were in good condition and well presented but a small number I was surprised to find would have benefited from a bath. There is really no excuse - it doesn’t take very long to bath a miniature dachshund and it makes such a difference to their coat. Quite a number of exhibits had very strange shoulder construction and hind angulation also seems to be on the decline. My other major concern was with short ribbing and very short keels that were ending practically at the elbow in some cases. Movement on some was not very good usually as a result of the above factors. A dachshund on the move should extend and drive covering the ground with ease and this is not possible without the correct construction. Flapping the front feet up and down on the move may be eye catching but it is not correct dachshund movement and just indicates wrong front construction usually short upper arm..
Having said that there were some very nice exhibits and I was very pleased with my winners.
Veteran Dog or Bitch 2(1)
1. Callow’s GARTHORN MISS TOFFEE. Real quality red bitch who I have judged previously but never seen her looking so good. Good head and neck running into well laid shoulders, strong topline, good ribbing carried well back and nicely angulated and muscled quarters. Moved soundly fore and aft and covering the ground with drive in profile. Filled my eye as a complete picture both standing and on the move. Showed the young ones how to do it today! C.C
Minor Puppy Dog 3 (1)
1. Shutt’s DONNADOON DUSK TILL DAWN. Elegant B/T dog . Lovely head and dark eye. Strong neck and well assembled front. Only a baby and needs to get his act together on the move but when settled moving soundly with a strong rear end. Will benefit from time, maturity and filling but enjoying his day as babies should.
2. McLennan’s CHEGUEVAR PADDINGTON BEAR. Nice type of red dog with a pleasing outline. Good head and neck , well balanced angulation front and rear and strong topline both standing and moving. Moved steadily but very soft and erratic both front and rear today. He is only a baby and has plenty of time on his side. Maturity and muscle should help him when moving.
Puppy Dog 6(2)
1. Mason’s TECKELTOWN SOMETHING MAGIC. Very smart B/T dog. Lovely head, good neck and clean well place shoulders. Prominent chest, strong topline and balanced in proportions throughout. Lovely tight thick feet. Moved sound and true front and rear and showed extension in profile. Best Puppy Dog
2. Rudkin’s SIOUXLINE ROSS FOR DYNASTYDAX Balanced shaded red dog with a good outline which he kept both standing and moving. Masculine head, good neck and strong topline. Good ribbing carried through. Nicely rounded quarters and short hocks. Moved with purpose though a little erratic in front today.
3. McLennan’s CHEGUEVAR PADDINGTON BEAR
Junior Dog 3(0)
1. Barrett’s AYSEEBEE TWINKLING STAR. B/t dog who won this class on the move. Different in type and profile to many of my other winners but had qualities to be appreciated. Used all his assets to full advantage to outmove the others in the class, covering the ground with ease.
2 Bullis’s AMAFREY BETCHA BY GOLLY WOW Quality dog with a lovely head and eye. Good outline and well held topline both standing and moving. Moved steady but rather erratic in front today.
3. Starkey’s CARPACCIO BLACK OBSIDIAN AT HAMOURA
Yearling Dog 4(0)
1. Mitchell’s BRONIA BIAGGIO. Real eye-catching B/T dog who never put a foot wrong. Nice head and good eye. Good shoulder and upper arm, ribbing carried well back, strong topline and good short well muscled loin. Well angulated rear end and he used everything he had to his advantage on the move. Moved true at all times covering the ground with ease. Res. CC
2. Bullis’s AMAFREY BETCHA BY GOLLY WOW
3. Charlesworth’s KEYDAX LEROY
Post Graduate Dog 5 (2)
1. Blackburn’s STARGANG SEA BIRD Elegant dog with good profile showing nice flowing lines. Lovely head, well muscled neck running into well placed shoulders. Strong topline and balanced quarters.
Moved sound front and rear and had some extension when moving in profile.
2. Stephen’s BEDU STARS AND STRIPES Ultra compact brindle shown in lovely condition. Moved steadily keeping a good topline but personally I would like more angulation front and rear and more follow through underneath.
3. Hyslop’s ZILVERAAT GOLDFINK
Limit Dog 5(2)
1. Ergis’s SIOUXLINE JACOB Very smart red dog. A young man with style and attitude. Lovely head with good carriage. Strong topline with good ribbing carried well back and short well muscled loin. Balanced proportions throughout and a lovely outline both standing and on the move.
2. Roberts’s WINGCREST SUPERSONIC TO DENVER Well made B/T dog with many attributes. Masculine outlook without any sign or coarseness. Good substance and ribbing carried well back.
Moved soundly keeping his outline at all times. Just preferred overall proportions of winner today.
3. Shutt’s MELRIDING CAPTAIN COOK OF DONNADOON
Open Dog 4(1)
1. Paget & Carroll’s MARVALE MASTER OF DISGUISE B/T dog who fulfilled my expectations of what I was looking for. Beautiful head,, dark well shaped eyes, good neck into well laid shoulders , prominent sternum and good ribbing well back with a short loin. Well angulated quarters and a strong topline completed the picture. Just loved him both standing and moving. C.C & B.O.B and pleased to see him win B.I.S
2. Coxon’s CH. DISTINCTLY SO D’ARISCA Elegant well constructed red dog with many qualities. Good shoulders and quarters which he used to move soundly with ease . Lovely profile with excellent ribbing, topline which he held well and good tight feet. Just preferred the head of the winner today.
3. Roberts’s DENVER DARLING DOCTOR WHO
Champion Dog 2(0)
1. Ergis’s CH.SIOUXLINE AARON JW. Nice red dog with good outline and shape. Quality lines and construction with balanced proportions throughout. Keeps his shape well at all times both standing and on the move. Moved out well with presence and style.
2. Barrett’s CH AYSEEBEE RUMOUR HAS IT B/T dog with many attributes. Good head and eye, strong neck , well laid shoulder and prominent forechest. Moved soundly and with ease. Just preferred the overall picture presented by the winner today.
Minor Puppy Bitch 4(1)
1. Coxon’s D’ARISCA SO SCRUMPTIOUS B/T baby who really was scrumptious! Constructed on classic lines with a lovely profile. Feminine head, well angulated both front and rear, good ribbing and strong topline. Moved really well for a baby. A very promising baby. Best Puppy Bitch and BPIB.
2. Price’s SAMLANE HAPPY AS A LARK Red baby girl with a lovely head and expression. Well constructed puppy with a good profile shape and outline. Good bone, substance and ribbing. Was not in the mood for co-operating with her handler today and made her movement rather difficult to assess at times.
3. William’s CWMDARHIAN LAH TI DAR
Puppy Bitch 13(3)
1. Callow’s GARTHORNE GEORGIA. Very nice B/T puppy. Pleasing head and neck into well placed shoulders, good prominent forechest, good ribbing carried well back and nicely angulated quarters. Should mature into a promising prospect.
2. Ergis’s SIOUXLINE RACHEL Another well shaped B/T with good shape and balance throughout.
Had many of the attributes of the winner and moved really well with a proper grown up style and carriage.
Just preferred the head of the winner today.
3. Blackburn’s STARGANG DESERT ORCHID
Junior Bitch 11(3)
1. Russell’s RUSSTECK TEA CAKE Very honest B/T bitch .. Well made and constructed with balanced proportions throughout. Good shape and outline which she held at all times. Strong topline, good ribbing, bone and substance.Nice head ad expression. Moved well covering the ground with ease.
2. Hunt’s CARPACCIO CLARICE CLIFF Smaller B/T bitch with a real personality. Well put together. Strong topline with balanced angulation fore and aft, which she uses to her advantage on the move. Moved soundly holding her outline on the move. Just preferred the head of the winner today.
3. Bullis’s AMAFREY GOOD GOLLY MISS MOLLY
Yearling Bitch 10(2)
1. Mitchell’s BRONIA BELLEZZA Very neat red bitch . Good head and eye. Not a glamour girl but has everything in the right place with lovely quarters and front construction to match. Strong topline with ribbing carried well back. Moved so soundly , extending and covering the ground with ease. Res.CC
2. Callow’s GARTHORNE GRACE KELLY Slightly taller bitch with the most beautiful conical head and dark eyes. Very balanced in proportions with a good outline and well followed through ribbing. Moved soundly but just feel a little more confidence would allow her to open up a bit more on the move
3. Russell’s RUSSTECK TEA CAKE
Post Graduate Bitch 7 (3)
1. Hayward’s STARGANG HOT N SPICY FOR FOXEARTH A real little power house just bursting with energy and personality. Lovely shape with nice flowing lines. Good front construction and well angulated quarters that she really used on the move. Moved really well showing drive and extension
2 Reed’s DEERCROFT DAYBREAK JW Very sound B/T bitch slightly taller than the winner. Well made with good proportions and very balanced throughout . Strong topline which she held well at all times. Moved out well. Just preferred the front and rear angulation of today’s winner.
3. Fairchild’s TRULY DEEPLY MADLY IN LOVE WITH ARDENRUN
Limit Bitch 13 (2)
1. Morris & Waddell’s BRONIA ANGIOLETTA .Very sound pretty red bitch. Lovely shape and outline with no exagerations whatsoever. Lovely to handle with all the pieces fitting together so well. Good ribbing carried well through. Came into her own on the move where she moved positively with drive, covering the ground welll.
2. Hutching’s STARGANG HOT CROSS BUN FOR COLLIDACH Quality brindle bitch with a lovely head and eye. Well constructed front assembly with prominent forechest . Good bone, substance and ribbing. Strong topline and powerful quarters. Moved really well with drive. Obviously loves showing and sometimes her excitability can just affect her profile on the move but nice to see a happy dog!
3. Worswick’s DOLYHARP SONATA
Open Bitch 9(2)
1. Melbourne, Carrol & Paget’s SIOUXLINE GOLDILOCKS OF MELRIDING Very feminine red bitch of balanced proportions throughout. Lovely head and neck, good shoulders and well angulated rear. Strong topline which she held standing and on the move. Moved really well true at all times. Just decided she didn’t want to co-operate with her handler in the challenge.
2. Rudkin’s DYNASTYDAX PERIWINKLE JW. Another very nice red bitch with a lovely shape and outline. Had many of the attributes of the winner and used them to move soundly, extending with drive.
The winning bitch just had the edge on rear angulation today.
3. Coxon’s D’ARISCA DANISH DELICACY
Champion Bitch 3(1)
1. Callow’s CH. GARTHORNE MISS TOFFEE
2. Williams & Moes’s CH CWMDARHIAN PRTY LIKA RUSHN Very attractive red bitch who catches your eye. with her lovely shape and presence. Good head and expression, strong neck and topline. Ribbing carried well back and powerful quarters. Moved well with presence and style.
3. Russell’s RUSSTECK PLUM DUFF