Great Joint Dachshund Ass 2019
Dachshund (Miniature Smooth-haired)
Judge: Jan Pain
BEST OF BREED : KERRY Kireton Hebe
Dog CC : PAGET & CARROLL Metadale Lark Ascending
Res Dog CC : ERGIS Ch Siouxline Jacob
Best Puppy Dog : BELL Tolberg Liquorice Torpedo
Bitch CC : KERRY Kireton Hebe
Res Bitch CC : COXON D'Arisca So Scrumptious
Best Puppy Bitch : BELL Tolberg Jelly Tot
Best Puppy : BELL Tolberg Liquorice Torpedo
Best Veteran : MELBOURNE Ch Golden Algonquinette of
Melriding & Best Miniature Veteran in Show
Minor Puppy Dog (8 Entries)
1st: BELL Tolberg Liquorice Torpedo
2nd: ROBERTS Denver Darling Superman
3rd: FRANCIS Stargang Hay Boy at Feebrick
Res: RUDKIN Dynastydax Tarquin
VHC: KAY Zilveraat Altered Carbon at Lochlip
Puppy Dog (4 Entries)
1st: KAY Zilveraat Altered Carbon at Lochlip
2nd: TURNER Barryann Ginger Snap
3rd: SCOINS Hayvenhund Braveheart
Junior Dog (6 Entries)
1st: PAGET & CARROLL Metadale Lark Ascending
2nd:MASON Teckletown Something Magic
3rd: TURNER Barryann Ginger Snap
Res: SCOINS Hayvenhund Braveheart
Yearling Dog (1 Entries)
Post Graduate Dog (4 Entries)
1st: HYSLOP Zilveraat Goldfink
2nd: STARKEY Carpaccio Black Obsidian For Hamoura
3rd: SHUTT Donnadoon Dusk Till Dawn
Limit Dog (9 Entries)
1st: ROBERTS Wingcrest Supersonic to Denver
2nd: SHUTT Melriding Captain Cook Of Donnadoon
3rd: CAREY Donnadoon Dark Moon Beam for Debbiejay
Res: BLACKBURN Stargang Sea Bird
VHC: STARTUP Curtisey Head Gardener
Open Dog (7 Entries)
1st: ERGIS Ch Siouxline Jacob
2nd: MITCHELL Ch Bronia Biaggio
3rd: SCOTT Wolferlow Will Scarlet JW
Res: COXON Ch Distinctly So D'Arisca
VHC: BARRETT Ch Ayseebee Rumour Has It
1st: No Entries
Minor Puppy Bitch (8 Entries)
1st: BELL Tolberg Jelly Tot
2nd: ROBERTS Denver Darling Take Me Home
3rd: ROSE Adrdenrun Foolish Whisper
Res: MILLS-JONES Carlita Welsh Princess
VHC: OAKLEY Ardenrun Roses are Red
Puppy Bitch (5 Entries)
1st: PAGET & CARROLL Marvale Linnet
2nd: HERALD Montone Our Lady Faith at Winterfield
3rd: THOMSON Stas Tori Omega at Zilveraat
Res: DICKINSON Daxmore Reve De Infini
VHC: COXON Sundsdal's Black Cadillac to D'Arisca
Junior Bitch (10 Entries)
1st: CALLOW Garthorne Georgia
2nd: SCOTT Wolferlow La Sioux
3rd: METCALFE-BILGIN Metadale Leacy to the Lark
Res: MERRY Merryline Miss Moneypenny
VHC: MASON Teckletown You're the One
Yearling Bitch (6 Entries)
1st: COXON D'Arisca So Scrumptious
2nd: DARE Darsoms Zoe
3rd: FAIRCHILD Truly Madly Deeply in Ardenrun
Res: ROSE Pennydach Mystique
VHC: YEOMANS Pinedax Murcas Little Girl at Klynerbyner
Post Graduate Bitch (13 Entries)
1st: KERRY Kireton Hebe
2nd: BLACKBURN Stargang Simply the Best
3rd: BELL Bronia Conchita at Tolberg
Res: MELBOURNE, PAGET & CARROLLS Melriding Sea Infanta
VHC: TURNER & MERRIFIELD Barryann Lady Jayne
Limit Bitch (16 Entries)
1st: MITCHELL Bronia Bellezza
2nd:HUTCHINGS Stargang Hot Cross Bun for Collidach
3rd: ODDIE Riowood Tiger Socks
Res: MELBOURNE, PAGET & CARROLL Siouxline Goldilocks of Melriding
VHC: CALLOW Garthorne Grace Kelly
Open Bitch (11 Entries)
1st: ERGIS Ch Siouxline Rapunzel with Melriding
2nd: PAGET, CARROLL & MELBOURNE Donnadoon Sea Vermillion at Marvale
3rd: WILLIAMS & MOES Ch Cwmdarhian Prty Lika Rushn
Res: TURNER & MERRIFIELD Barryann Lady Jayne
VHC: HAYWARD Stargang Nice N Spicy for Foxearth
I considered it an honour to be invited to judge at this prestigious show, and thank exhibitors for a lovely entry, and my efficient steward Pam who kept things moving along nicely.
Type was very varied in general, but the two minor puppy classes in particular were a joy and bode well for the future. It seems to be the norm that the bitch classes are generally stronger, and there was lovely depth of quality in most of the classes. Only a couple tipped the scale, the vast majority were within the weight without being thin or weedy.
MPD. ( 8, 1 abs). 1, BPD & BP. Bell’s Tolberg Liquorice Torpedo, cracking b/t of 8 months, this puppy just oozes quality. Lovely head and good eye shape giving the correct expression, reachy neck and excellent pro sternum, well laid shoulders and good return of upper arm, well ribbed back giving the correct top and underlines. Balanced angulation with no exaggerations, he moved beautifully, not putting a step wrong. I seriously considered him for higher honours, definitely one for the future.
2. Roberts Denver Darling Superman, another lovely puppy, a little more on the leg and not quite the maturity of the winner. Liked his head, eye shape and expression, he had good width all through, plenty of heart room, good forehand and ribbing, excellent top and underlines, moved out well in this quality class.
3. Francis’ Stargang Hay Bob at Feebrick.
PD. ( 4,1) 1. Kay’s Zilveraat Altered Carbon at Lochlip, this pup was VHC in the very strong MPD class, but won here with ease, the best mover in the class. Head of good type, good neck, slightly upright in shoulder at present, fair return of upper arm, decent keel and ribbing, held his top line well on the move.
2. Turner’s Barryann Ginger Snap, red of decent type, good head and expression, good neck, decent ribbing but a shade long overall for me, moved ok.
3.Scoins Hayvenhund Braveheart.
JD. (6, 2) 1. CC, Paget & Carroll’s Metadale Lark Ascending, quality sh/red out of the top drawer, not long out of puppy and maturing well. Loved his overall balance and height to length ratio, excellent head and expression with lovely dark well shaped eyes. Good neck with a slight crest set into well laid shoulders, excellent keel and return of upper arm, long deep ribbing and strong loin. Moved out soundly and freely on good well padded feet, happy to award him what I understand is his first CC.
2. Mason’s Teckeltown Something Magic, quality b/t of lovely breed type, out of a slightly heavier mould. Not happy on the table today, he has a decent headpiece although would like a better shaped eye. Lovely balance and outline, he has good bone and substance, he was happier on the floor and moved out well holding his top line.
3. B Ginger Snap.
YD. 1 abs.
PGD. (4,1) 1. Hyslop’s Zilveraat Goldfink masculine substantial red, decent head and eye, touch throaty, nicely balanced all through, good length and depth of ribbing, strong loin, moved out well holding his top line.
2. Starkey’s Carpaccio Black Obsidian at Hamoura, b/t with a decent masculine head, good ribbing and keel and ample width in front, just a shade long in loin. Not happy today, but moved out ok holding his top line.
3. Shutt’s Donnadoon Dusk till Dawn.
LD. (9,2) 1. Wingcrest Supersonic to Denver, b/t mature dog of lovely balance and proportions. Handsome head and clean throat, good neck, forehand and keel. Long deep ribbing, correct length of loin, good top and underlines, moved out well on excellent well padded feet.
2.Shutt’s Melriding Captain Cook of Donnadoon, close up, well balanced br dog, attractive head and sweet expression, well off for keel and well ribbed back, which showed in his top and underlines, balanced angulation, free easy mover.
3. Carey’s Donnadoon Dark Moon for Debbiejay.
OD. (7) 1. RCC. Ergis’ Ch Siouxline Jacob, top quality red of excellent size and proportions. Lovely head and dark well shaped eye, good neck and forehand, ample keel and excellent length and depth of ribbing. Beautifully balanced dog, a very worthy champion, moved out easily and well.
2. Mitchell’s Ch Bronia Biaggio, b/t and another quality dog of lovely balance and appeal. Many of the same comments apply, excelled in bone and substance, just preferred the ground clearance of the winner today. Moved out really well using his hocks, well held top line at all times, excellent feet, another worthy champion.
3.Scott’s Wolferlow Will Scarlet, close up, and completed a trio of excellent hounds.
VD. No entries.
MPB. (8,3). 1.BPB, Bell’s Tolberg Jelly Tot. What a fortunate exhibitor to have these cracking siblings, a top class feminine version of her super brother. They are so alike in every respect, she is as feminine as he is masculine, both out of the very top drawer, so well made and lovely on the move. Hard decision between the two for BP , both great prospects for the future.
2. Roberts Denver Darling Take me Home. Again, litter sister to the 2nd in MPD, and out of the same mould. So unfortunate to come up against the winners, as they are both of lovely quality. Close up to the winner, not quite her generosity of keel, but so well made and moved beautifully.
3.Rose’s Ardenrun Foolish Whisper.
PB. (5) 1. Paget & Carroll’s Marvale Linnet, won here on her lovely shape and balance. Not very happy today, but she certainly did enough to display her virtues. Sweet head and expression, good through the forehand, good keel and lovely long ribbing, held her top line at all times, well padded feet, balanced angulation, moved well driving from short hocks.
2. Herald’s Montone Our Lady Faith at Winterfield. Sh/r out of a different mould, being slightly more on the leg. Sweet head, good neck, decent keel and well laid shoulder, moved out well on good feet keeping her top line.
3. Thomson’s Stas Tori Omega at Zilverzaat.
JB. (10,3). 1. Callow’s Garthorne Georgia, lovely b/t, appealing head and well shaped eyes. Good length of neck that flowed into excellent shoulders and forehand, good return of upper arm. Well ribbed back, balanced top and underlines, short hocks she used to advantage on the move, excellent feet.
2. Scott’s Wolferlow La Sioux, another of quality, choc bitch of lovely size and overall balance, pushed the winner hard. Good head planes, well shaped eye, decent neck and forehand. Excellent ribbing, she moved out well using her hocks and keeping her top line.
3. Metcalfe Bilgin’s Metadale Legacy to the Lark
YB. ( 6.1) 1.RCC, Coxon’s D’Arisca So Scrumptious, b/t who lived up to her name. Excellent type and overall balance, and good height to length ratio. Sweet head and expression, excelled in forehand, keel and ribbing, moved out on good feet, really using her hocks and keeping a solid top line.
2. Dare’s Darsom’s Zoe, quality b/t of lovely type, close up to the winner, just a tiny shade shorter in neck. Beautifully balanced all through, excellent head and expression, good keel and forehand, excellent ribbing. Moved out well, displayed well held top and underlines, good feet.
3. Fairchild’s Truly Madly Deeply in Ardenrun.
PGB.(13,1) 1. CC & BoB Kerry’s Kireton Hebe. Quality b/t bitch, loved her proportions and balance. Sweet head and expression, well shaped eye, good reach of neck, clean shoulders, good keel and excellent return of upper arm, long ribbing and strong quarters with low set hocks. It was on the move that she came into her own, effortless reach in front and really driving behind, and so sound. I understand this is her first CC, on this performance she should gain the upper house with normal luck.
2. Blackburn’s Stargang Simply the Best. Another high quality exhibit, red in gleaming condition. Lovely head, eye and expression, decent neck into good shoulders and forehand. Prominent keel, lovely bone and feet, moved well and soundly, close up to 1.
3.Bell’s Bronia Conchita at Tolberg.
LB. (16,4) 1. Mitchell’s Bronia Bellezza, another quality bitch of excellent make and shape, attractive head and clean neck into well laid shoulders. Good return of upper arm, well ribbed back, strong loin, good top and underlines, moved out well on well padded feet.
2. Hutchings Stargang Hot Cross Bun for Collidach ,happy br bitch of excellent shape and outline, balanced all through, though a shade less ground clearance than 1. Attractive head and expression, clean neck and shoulders, good keel, long ribbing and decent top and underlines, moved out well.
3. Oddie’s Rio Tiger Socks.
OB. (10,1) 1. Ergis’ Ch Siouxline Rapunzel with Melriding, quality red bitch out of the top drawer. Sweetest head and feminine expression, good reach of neck and well set shoulders, prominent keel and good return of upper arm. Lovely long ribbing, used herself well on the move holding an excellent top line, a worthy champion.
2. Paget, Carroll and Melbourne’s Donnadoon Sea Vermilion at Marvale. Another lovely bitch of excellent make and shape. Attractive head and dark well shaped eyes, clean neck and good shoulder and keel, excellent return of upper arm, balanced top and underlines, really moved out well, driving from short strong hocks on good feet.
3. Williams & Moes Ch Cwmdarhian Prty Lika Russian, completed a trio of quality bitches.
VB. (3,1) Two lovely 9 year olds belying their age and enjoying their day out.
1. BV, Melbourne’s Ch Golden Algonquinette of Melriding What a sweetheart, lovely red of super shape and balance, just a touch of grey on her muzzle gives the game away. Sweetest head and expression, she still maintains excellent top and underlines and moves freely and soundly on good feet. So pleased to see she went RBVIS, well deserved.
2. Mitchell’s Ch Bronia Fabrizia, another lovely girl, slightly paler red who still moves out well for her young handler.She has maintained her shape and outline, and still sound on the move. Both these lovely girls are a credit to their owners.