Darlington Dog Show Society 2017
Dachshund (Miniature Long-haired)
|Judge: Mrs M F
BEST OF BREED : 318 WOOD Mr R Wildstar Wrobinson
Dog CC : 318 WOOD Mr R Wildstar Wrobinson
Res Dog CC : 292 MCCARTHY Mrs C Nagshall Justintime JW
Bitch CC : 264 BROOKS Ms L Lyndarlea Vienna
Res Bitch CC : 258 BELL Mrs L Tolberg Legally Blonde JW
Best Puppy : 314 ROWELL Mr T W, Mrs A & Mr A Emmajesk Masquerade
Best Veteran : 282 JOHNSON Miss A B Ch Charpurdy Just Iss
Class 107 VD (1 Entries) Abs: 0
1st: 269 CONNEW Mr R Fenellafleur Zorro
Class 108 MPD (1 Entries) Abs: 0
1st: 279 HARRIS, Mr W C & MCLACHLAN Miss L Zarcrest Black Smith
Class 109 PD (5 Entries) Abs: 1
1st: 259 BOYLE Miss Z C Zarcrest Black Brewer
2nd: 280 HIGGINS Mr P Ralines Just Jewels
3rd: 319 WOODAGE Mrs C Totonian William Travers
Res: 290 MCCARTHY Mrs C Nagshall Dannymac
Class 110 JD (6 Entries) Abs: 0
1st: 318 WOOD Mr R Wildstar Wrobinson
2nd: 291 MCCARTHY Mrs C Nagshall Just Lucamac
3rd: 307 MOURTON Mrs V A Eldmour Cinnamon Spice
Res: 319 WOODAGE Mrs C Totonian William Travers
VHC: 284 JURY Mrs D Bluebegin Thunder N'light Over Torwood
Class 111 PGD (3 Entries) Abs: 0
1st: 291 MCCARTHY Mrs C Nagshall Just Lucamac
2nd: 260 BREESE Mrs J A Silkdown Phoenix Rising
3rd: 268 BUCHAN Mrs H & KERSLAKE Mrs P Devonwood Pippin at Helenium
Class 112 LD (5 Entries) Abs: 0
1st: 292 MCCARTHY Mrs C Nagshall Justintime JW
2nd: 262 BROOKS Ms L Lyndarlea Just Andy Jw JW
3rd: 274 GREEN Mrs W Neertanauf Jack Jones
Res: 284 JURY Mrs D Bluebegin Thunder N'light Over Torwood
VHC: 309 PEEL Miss S Boris Bear At Garbosa
Class 113 OD (8 Entries) Abs: 2
1st: 321 WOODALL Mrs C Ch Half Century At Rarewood
2nd: 293 MCCARTHY Mrs C Nagshall Just Santana JW
3rd: 254 BARNSDALE, Mrs C & HAYWARD-BARNSDALE Ms K Chriskims Trail Blazer Jw
Res: 274 GREEN Mrs W Neertanauf Jack Jones
VHC: 267 BUCHAN Mrs H & KERSLAKE Mrs P Devonwood Cracker Jack at Helenium JW Sh.CM
Class 114 VB (5 Entries) Abs: 0
1st: 282 JOHNSON Miss A B Ch Charpurdy Just Iss
2nd: 289 KERSLAKE Mrs P Devonwood Lady Alexandra
3rd: 270 DRADY Mrs K M Larkhund Russian Kween
Res: 275 GREEN Mrs W Eldmour Electra
VHC: 287 JURY, Miss R & STEPHANI, Mrs M & FLETCHER Miss A Torwood Guns N'roses At Walnutfarm
Class 115 MPB (3 Entries) Abs: 0
1st: NO ENTRIES
Class 116 PB (5 Entries) Abs: 0
1st: 314 ROWELL Mr T W, Mrs A & Mr A Emmajesk Masquerade
2nd: 295 MCCARTHY Mrs C Nagshall Santa Amelia
3rd: 263 BROOKS Ms L Lyndarlea Speckled Hen
Res: 320 WOODAGE Mrs C Totonian Fanny Travers
Class 117 JB (10 Entries) Abs: 2
1st: 264 BROOKS Ms L Lyndarlea Vienna
2nd: 301 METCALFE Mrs B Metadale Ariadne
3rd: 296 MCCARTHY Mrs C Nagshall Just Be Lucky
Res: 316 RUSSELL Mrs C Minard Strawberry Moon Russteck
VHC: 286 JURY, Miss R & STEPHANI, Mrs M & FLETCHER Miss A Dinkidax Amber Red
Class 118 PGB (11 Entries) Abs: 3
1st: 276 HALL Mrs W P & Mr D B Cliffmere Levity
2nd: 317 WALTERS Miss H Ralines Flirtini
3rd: 296 MCCARTHY Mrs C Nagshall Just Be Lucky
Res: 271 DRADY Mrs K M Jumanda's Silver Sparkle At Indiko
VHC: 322 WOODALL Mrs C Rarewood Coco Mist
Class 119 LB (8 Entries) Abs: 1
1st: 258 BELL Mrs L Tolberg Legally Blonde JW
2nd: 272 GRAHAM Mrs D A Hillstar Krismas Rose Of Jadag
3rd: 253 ALLEN Mr E Penparc Creme Caramel
Res: 297 MCCARTHY Mrs C Nagshall Port Alice JW
VHC: 299 MEE Mr & Mrs W A Barlaine's Red Splendour
Class 120 OB (9 Entries) Abs: 0
1st: 283 JOHNSON Miss A B Charpurdy Just Ification
2nd: 298 MCCARTHY Mrs C Nagshall Love Actually JW
3rd: 273 GRAHAM Mrs D A Devoncream Lily Luna At Jadag
Res: 257 BEDFORD Miss L Eldmour Kiwi Kalilu Of Dinkidudlor
VHC: 302 METCALFE Mrs B Metadale Aphrodite
Thank you to the committee for inviting me to this show. It was my pleasure to judge an excellent entry especially for a Friday. I found a few overweight which did not worry me as their condition was excellent and one whopper was unplaced. I have to say the variety has not improved over the years as it was disappointing to find less than good conformation under some lovely coats one of the main problems being a lack of reach of neck caused by rather forward shoulder placement. Nice tight elbows were thin on the ground accompanied by short ribbing. My hardworking stewards deserve every thanks.
VD 1. Connew’s Fenellafleur Zorro, well marked 7year old dapple in good overall condition, pleasing head and neck, decent forehand, strode out well from all angles.
MPD 1. Harris &McLachlan’s Zarcrest Black Smith, well boned b/tan in super coat and condition, good masculine head planes, dark eye, well set ears, neck flowed nicely into topline, tight elbows, very good balanced side movement.
PD (5-1a) 1. Boyle’s Zarcrest Black Brewer, b/tan litter brother to B. Smith and very similar. Level and sound on the move, correct lay of shoulder, super reachy profile movement on good bone and feet. A quality litter indeed.
2. Higgin’s Ralines Just Jewels b/t with very good front assembly, good bone and feet, covered the ground well in profile, sound fore and aft, preferred the head and topline of 1 but a very nice twosome.
3.Woodage’s Totonian William Travers.
JD (6) 1. Wood’s Wildstar Wrobinson, stunning red who ticked all the boxes for me from his lovely head with dark almond eyes, well defined arched neck (which so many lacked) flowing gently into excellent topline, well angled shoulder and upper arm, decent prosternum, ribbing well back, lovely turn of stifle, great profile reach and hind extension on good bone and feet, body shape not obscured by his beautiful flat silky coat and fringing. CC&BOB.
2. McCarthy’s Nagshall Just Lucamac, very pleasing cream, more length than 1, super elegant classy head with dark well set eye and correct earset, lovely neckline, well laid shoulder, good bone and feet, moved true fore and aft with plenty of extension in profile, good ribbing, nicely covered body, pleasing turn of stifle and hock, different coat type to 1 but was flat, nicely fringed and in excellent condition.
3. Mourton’s Eldmour Cinnamon Spice.
PGD (3) 1. Nagshall Just Lucamac.
2.Breeze’s Silkdown Phoenix Rising, red of pleasing make and shape, liked his head proportions/eye/ear placement, good hind turn of quarters, generally pleasing all round, preferred the head and carriage of 1.
3. Buchan&Kerslake’s Devonwood Pippin at Helenium.
LD (5) 1. McCarthy’s Nagshall Justintime JW, shaded cream of lengthy proportions but plenty of ground clearance, head, dark eye and earset all lovely, super front construction, decent prosternum, good feet and bone, tight elbows, ribs well back, topline, tailset and hind drive all excellent, quite a profuse coat very well presented, looked quite large but nothing to worry about, loved his type and presentation. RCC.
2. Brooks Lydarlea Just Andy JW, large cream with super handsome head, correct dark oval eye, good earset. Felt very correct under his very profuse coat,nice lay of shoulder and upper arm,tight elbows, elegant neck flowed into correct topline and rounded quarters. Very over coated and impossible to assess hind stride or tailset as one could not see this but deserved his place on account of what I felt under his coat!
3. Green’s Neertanauf Jack Jones.
OD (8-2a) 1. Woodall’s CH. Half Century at Rarewood, lovely marked dapple in super correct coat and condition, impressive male head on reachy neck not quite flowing into level topline, shoulders a little forward, tight elbows, ribbing OK, nice turn of quarters with reach and drive on good bone and feet, very pleasing and elegant from all angles.
2.Nagshall Just Santana JW, cream, another typey dog with this exhibitor, elegant head planes as always, dark eyes, lengthy neck, a very good prosternum, shoulder and upper arm correct, tight elbows, super top and tailset, ribs well back, nice turn of stifle, short hocks extending well back in profile movement. Close up to one, a difficult decision.
3. Barnsdale&Hayward’s Chriskims Trail Blazer JW.
VB (5) All were in good condition. 1. Johnson’s CH Charpurdy Just Iss B/T ten year old with lovely head and dark eye, arched neck, kept topline, pleasing lengthy body, good shoulder angles and ribbing, kept a super outline on the move. BV.
2. Kerslake’s Devonwood Lady Alexandra, nearly 8 year old B/T with good profile presentation standing and moving, preferred the head and front movement of 1.
3. Drady’s Larkhund Russian Kween.
PB (5) 1. Rowell’s Emmajesk Masquerade, cream who catches the eye with her elegant head planes and muzzle, dark almond eye, good ear set, decent neck flows into correct topline, good prosternum for age, shoulder and upper arm good, ribbing OK, body shape not obscured by too much coat, good bone and feet, kept a super outline standing and moved with reach and drive from her lovely turn of quarters. Most promising. BP.
2. McCarthy’s Nagshall Santa Amelia, another lovely cream with super head and earset carried on reachy neck, similar in appearance to 1, preferred the topline of 1 but full of quality with good bone and feet, good front movement, ribbing OK, equally good behind, flowing reachy side gait, body fitting coat in excellent condition. Two beautiful puppies for the future.
3. Brook’s Lyndarlea Speckled Hen.
JB (10) 1. Brook’s Lyndarlea Vienna, red of similar type to the BOB and I see both have related sires. Loved her overall, feminine head, dark eye, decent crested neck flowed into correct topline, super free profile stride with plenty of rear drive, felt very sound in shoulder angles with good prosternum, good ribbing, well turned quarters, short hocks, driving confident movement, excellent coat type, flat and silky, showing body shape, full of quality.CC
2. Metcalfe’s Metadale Ariadne, s/red, and actually preferred the lovely head on this bitch. Elegant proportions well put together, classy, clean outlines, neck, shoulder, topline all good, ribbing OK, short loin, good angulation behind, super free striding movement, very close up.
3. McCarthy’s Nagshall Just be lucky,
PGB (11-3a) 1. Hall’s Cliffmere Levity, s/cream in beautiful silky coat and condition which looked lovely with her sound reachy profile movement. Sweet, feminine head, long neck, flowing topline, well angled shoulders and correct front, slightly longer than most but of eye catching, level proportions, well turned quarters giving reach and drive, not yet two years old, a little more maturity, perhaps a tad more weight, and could trouble the best.
2. Walter’s Ralines Flirtini,cream with super head and eye, felt very sound with well made shoulders and correct rear angulation, good bone and feet, sound fore and aft with good side extension, was good all round, just preferred the coat and neckline of 1.
3. McCarthy’s Nagshall Just Be Lucky.
LB. (8-1a) 1. Bell’s Tolberg Legally Blonde JW Sh.CM, s/cream with a lovely head, dark almond eye, nicely fringed ear set, arched neck gently sloping into correct topline and tailset. Lovely front construction with decent prosternum, good ribbing and underline, super angles of hind quarters, great turn of stifle, short hocks, excellent bone and feet with dark nails (some creams lacked this), super well muscled body condition with not too much coat, a lovely picture moving in profile. RCC.
2. 1. Graham’s Hillstar Kristmas Rose of Jadag s/red, pleasing head, dark eye, neck and shoulder construction felt correct, firm elbows, great ribbing, well turned quarters giving plenty of reach and drive, preferred the overall outline of 1.
3. Allen’s Penparc Creme Caramel.
OB (9). 1. Johnson’s Charpurdy Just Ification b/tan of neat and sound make and shape, pleasing head, dark eye, nice neck and topline, shoulder, upperarm and prominent forechest made for good front movement, tight elbows, lengthy ribbing, strong quarters, not the flat coat qualities I look for.
2. McCarthy’s Nagshall Love actually JW, cream, the last of a set of lovely m/longs presented to perfection by this exhibitor, preferred this coat to 1. Pleasing, feminine head, dark eye, nice ear fringing, good forechest and shoulder placement, plenty of rear drive from the usual well turned quarters, and outline was kept on the move.
3. Graham’s Devoncream Lily Luna at Jadag. I found this a difficult class.