Dachshund Club of Wales Championship Show 2013
Dachshund (Miniature Long Haired)
Judge: Margaret Turner (Marictur)
Best of Breed : Holme's Tammera Just Elegant
Dog CC : Lyndarlea Rafferty
Reserve Dog CC : Bedford's Dinkidudlor Jankay Tooray
Bitch CC : Holme's Tammera Just Elegant
Reserve Bitch CC : Poole's Findowrie Rings and Roses
Best Puppy :
Boyle's Doujac Erin at Zarcrest
Minor Puppy Dog
1. No Entries
Puppy Dog (2)
1. BROOKS Ralines Romeo at Lyndarlea
2. MCCARTHY Nagshall Just Santana
Junior Dog (3)
1. ANGEAR Ridgegrove in Disguise
2. MCCARTHY Nagshall Walking in the Sun
3. BARNDALE & HAYWARD BARNDALE Chriskim's Dreamcaster
Post Graduate Dog (2)
1. JOHNSON Charpurdy's Gold McNugget
2. BARNDALE & HAYWARD BARNDALE Chriskim's Dreamcaster
Limit Dog (4) 1 Abs
1. BEDFORD Dinkidudlor Jankay Tooray
2. BROOK Lyndarlea Latte
3. POOLE Findowrie Mr McDuff
4. MCCARTHY Nagshall Oklahoma Sunrise JW
Open Dog (5)
1. BROOK CH. Lyndarlea Rafferty JW
2. BEDFORD Garbosa Simply Splendid of Dinkidudlor
3. HOLME CH. Tammera Touch of Class
4. BARNDALE & HAYWARD BARNDALE Chriskim's Blaze of Light
5. BANTING Willowheath Dark Knight of Indicott
Veteran Dog or Bitch (2)
1. SAINSBURY Boscolla The Lady Isabella
2. BOWMAN-DAVIES Timshaws Storm Keeper
Minor Puppy Bitch (8)
1. BROOK Lyndarlea Pageant
2. WELTON Eldmour Heaven Sent to Chelane
3. BEDFORD Eldmour Love in the Mist of Dinkidudlor
4. PATERSON Hanishan Tiger of the Nite
5. WORSWICK Dolyharp Desert Song
Puppy Bitch (6)
1. BOYLE Doujac Erin at Zarcrest
2. BOWMAN DAVIES Timshaw Moondust
3. MCCARTHY Nagshall Love Changes This
4. BROOK Hanishan Eezzy Magic Nite at Lyndarlea
5. POOLE Findowrie Darcie Rose
Junior Bitch (5)
1. BARNDALE & HAYWARD BARNDALE Chriskim's Dreamcatcher
2. BOWMAN DAVIES Timshaws Moonshadow
3. LATHAM-JACKSON Urishay Geranium
4. MCCARTHY Nagshall The Power of Love JW
5. BROOK Lyndarlea Thumbalina
Post Graduate Bitch(5)
1. BARNDALE & HAYWARD BARNDALE Chriskim's Dreamcatcher
2. MCCARTHY Nagshall Sweet Caroline
3. WORSWICK Dolyharp Patience
4. WELTON Chelane Chrissell
5. BARNDALE & HAYWARD BARNDALE Truly Yours
Limit Bitch (8)
1. HOLMES Tammera Just Elegant
2. POOLE Findowrie Rings and Roses
3. ANGEAR Ridgegrove Jasmine
4. BANTING Indicott Sweet Charity
5. MCCARTHY Nagshall Puppet on a String JW
Open Bitch(2) Abs 1
1. SAINSBURY Ridgegrove Chocolate Drop at Boscolla
I found a lot of faults in this lovely variety. Upright shoulders were rife making for rather short necks, also a decent prosternum was difficult to find. A lot looked good stacked but lost their outline on the move. I have read about level bites but I didn't find any. Pigmentation left much to be desired especially in nails and some noses. Coats were also variable with flat and silky not too evident. Temperament was mainly good, nothing I could not handle on the table.
PD(2) 1. Brooks Ralines Romeo at Lyndarlea, s/cr. lovely head eye and ear placement, decent neck, well boned, good feet, good forehand construction, ribbing OK, nice turn of quarters, good coat and condition, moved out well, very promising puppy, OK on the table but didn't like the look of me in the ring so spoilt his chances somewhat. 2. McCarthy's Nagshall Just Santana, cr. and very nice too with lovely masculine head, level top, good underline, less mature than 1, well placed shoulders tight elbows, bone feet and ribbing all pleasing.
JD(3) 1. Angear's Ridgegrove in Disguise b/t, well constructed forehand with prominent forechest, stood foresquare on good bone and feet, sturdy, well ribbed, nicely angulated turn of stifle, short hocks, moved with drive and precision, pleasing coat type, completed wth a lovely head and eye. 2. McCarthy's Nagshall Walking in the Sun,red, pleasing head,dark eye and pigment, good bone and feet, liked him a lot, was narrower all through than 1. 3. Barndale's Chriskim's Dreamcaster.
PGD(2) 1. Johnson's Charpurdy's Gold McNugget b/t, head OK, bit full in eye, good bone, nice turn of stifle,moved OK. kept best outline on the move. 2. Barndale's C. Dreamcaster b/cr. preferred his head proportions, was level and pleasing on the move, less mature than 1 and preferred the front of 1.
LD(5:1abs.) 1. Bedford's Dinkidudlor Jankay Tooray s/r. lovely head and eye shape, good dark pigment, super bone and straight front feet. liked his length to height proportions, kept a super outline at all times,well constructed throughout, pleasing quarters and turn of stifle, nice flat body coat, enough fringing,moved with precision. RCC. 2. Brook's Lyndarlea Latte, choc/tan,of taller, narrower proportions to 1, different head type to most with a rather narrow muzzle, moved soundly enough and construction was OK. 3. Poole's Findowrie Mr McDuff.
OD(5) 1.Brook's CH. Lyndarlea Rafferty JW. s/cr. substantial very male dog, pleasing head dark eye and pigment, good shoulder placement,decent prosternum, tight elbows. good bone and feet, ribbing OK. kept his outline standing and moving, balanced fore and aft, quality coat (a bit profuse) excellent body condition, CC. 2. Bedford's Garbosa Simply Splendid of Dinkidudlor, Choc/tan , pleasing head, lengthy ears, correct topline,nicely rounded quarters and turn of stifle,shoulder and upper arm OK. good bone, nice flat coat in reasonable condition, kept his outline at all times. 3. Holme's CH. Tammera Touch of Class.
Veteran D/B(2) 1. Sainsbury's Boscolla The Lady Isabella, cr. a lovely elegant, 12 year old in super coat and condition including teeth, conical head, dark eye, nice earset, super reach of neck,level topline, great construction, good feet, strode out well in profile keeping her outline at all times. BVIS. 2. Bowman-Davies Timshaws Storm Keeper s/r. dog 7years old and very nice too, masculine head, dark eye, good bone and feet, nice flat coat, moved very soundly, preferred the overall outline of the winner.
MPB(9:1abs.) 1.Brook's Lyndarlea Pageant cl/red. stood out in this nice class,dark eye and pigment,good forehand construction, level topline,kept a good outline on the move with a balanced profile stride. 2. Welton's Eldmour Heaven Sent to Chelane s/r. lovely elegant head and skull, dark nice shaped eye,and lengthy ears, good bone and feet, pleasing construction, reasonable forechest, nice outline moving. 3. Bedford's Eldmour Love in the Mist,of Dinkidudlor litter sister also very nice.
PB(6) 1. Boyle's Doujac Erin at Zarcrest cr. elegant, pretty little bitch with lovely head eye shape, good pigment, sweetly arched neck flowed into super topline kept on the move, liked her forehand and shoulder placement, enough bone,nice straight feet,very good sound mover with some extension and hind thrust,super flat coat, excellent condition, just right for her age. BP and RBPIS.
2. Bowman-Davies Tim shaws Moondust NAF. s/r. who also moved out well and kept outline on the move, nicely angulated both ends with more prosternum than 1, good correct feet, preferred the head of 1. 3. McCarthy's Nagshall Love Changes This.
JB(6) 1. Barndale & Hayward's Chriskim's Dreamcatcher cr. who was lovely all round, super head and eye, lengthy neck, level topline, good shoulders, tight elbows, ribbing OK. super legs and feet, kept a lovely profile outline, coat just right,needs a little more confidence then who knows? 2. Bowman-Davies Timshaws moonshadow, br. also lovely all round,good bone, feet a little flat, elegant skull, dark eye, nicely angulated rear, moved with drive keeping a pleasing topline and outline. 3.Latham-Jackson's Urishay Geranium.
PGB(5) 1. C. Dreamcatcher. 2. McCarthy's Nagshall Sweet Caroline, red, similar to 1 with lovely head, dark pigment, nice eye, lengthy and sound on the move, preferred the hind angulation of 1. 3. Worswick's Dolyharp Patience.
LB(9) 1. Holme's Tammera Just Elegant, well named s/r, super conical head, almond eye and beautifully fringed ears so many did not have. Correct forehand, decent prosternum with dimples, tight elbows, ribbing OK. neck flowed nicely into topline, pleasing turn of stifle, good bone and feet, looked lovely in outline, flowed along with good stride and extension, flat body coat completed the picture, CC (her 2nd) BOB and BIS. 2, Poole's Findowrie Rings and Roses s/r similar to 1 with a lovely elegant head neck and topline,correct forehand, good bone and feet, super flat body coat, furnishings just right,close up to 1,lovely outline kept at all times. RCC. 3. Angear's Ridgegrove Jasmine.
OB(2:1) 1. Sainsbury's Ridgegrove Chocolate Drop at Boscolla, choc/dapple, very different in type but very nice, sweet head, nice fringed ears,lengthy neck into well made front, bone OK. but feet a little flat, pleasing turn of stifle and moved soundly keeping her outline, super coat and body condition.
Judge: Margaret Turner.